The people behind WeTrace
Founded in 1999 and situated in the heart of Germany, KIAG offers extensive experience in many fields required for sophisticated traceability solutions:
- Information Transparency in small and medium-sized companies
- Complex data warehousing and business intelligence/reporting solutions
- Mobile data capture and reporting products and solutions on different platforms
- Mobile consumer apps for multimedia and infotainment
- External consulting and project management especially in the context of transparency and sustainability
- Customer-specific development, test and support of specialized solutions
With its diverse team with specialists from different countries and backgrounds, KIAG participates in local and international projects.
Sequa gGmbH is a globally operating development organization that has carried out projects and programs of international cooperation in close collaboration with the German private sector since 1991.
Economic and development policies have a common interest in designing developmentally supportive political, legal and social conditions in developing and transition countries ("partner countries"). As part of the program “develoPPP.de”, private companies and public development cooperation work hand in hand. The targeted combination of the different strengths of both partners creates new opportunities for positive development impulses in the partner countries.
With the develoPPP.de program, the German “Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development” ("BMZ") offers financial support for long-term projects of companies with an (additional) development benefit in the partner countries. The aim of the BMZ is to mobilize additional private resources towards developmental objectives.
Since December 2000 SEQUA is one of the implementing agencies, implementing the develoPPP.de program of the BMZ. SEQUA will receive proposals from companies, is advising the company, is assessing the co-financing ability of a project based on predetermined criteria by the BMZ, decides on the amount of the public contribution, examines and monitors the implementation of the project by the company.
Metro Gaisano is a retail business owned by the Cebu-based Gaisano family. The chain of department stores and supermarkets are popularly known as Metro. The first Metro department store and supermarket was opened in 1982.
Metro is currently the third biggest retail chain in the Philippines and is expanding continuously. The mission of metro is to provide quality environment, quality service, and to be responsive to customers’ needs in the highest current standard.
Metro is known for its comfortable and friendly outlets that offer a wide assortment of fresh and quality products. Their retail activities typically range from supermarket operations, department store operations, appliances, fine jewellry, pharmacy, fast food outlets, bakeshops, coffee shops, photocopying, framing, embroidery and gift wrapping services.
The Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Product Standards (BAFPS) under the Department of Agriculture was established in December 1997. BAFPS’ major duties include to:
- Formulate and enforce standards of quality in the processing, preservation, packaging, labelling, importation, exportation, distribution, and advertising of agricultural and fisheries products;
- Conduct research on product standardization, alignment of the local standards with the international standards, and;
- Conduct regular inspection of processing plants, storage facilities, abattoirs, as well as public and private markets in order to ensure freshness, safety and quality of products.
The GLOBALG.A.P. Standard was established as EUREPGAP in 1997 by the "Euro-Retailer Produce Working Group (EUREP)", composed of various European food chains and retailers. The first certificate was issued in 2001. Due to the increasing internationalization of the members and of the market, in 2008 a "re-branding" to the name of GLOBALG.AP took place.
G.A.P. stands for Good Agricultural Practice – and GLOBALG.A.P. is the worldwide standard that assures it.
GLOBAL G.A.P. aims to ensure a safe and sustainable production of food, flowers and ornamental plants worldwide. Therefore, GLOBAL G.A.P. set up a voluntary standard for global certification of agricultural products.
GLOBALG.A.P. is now recognized as the most important harmonized agricultural standard in the world and used in more than 100 countries. The focus of GLOBALG.A.P. is on food safety and traceability, although there are some requirements for health and safety as well as social issues, and conservation of the environment.